Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Celebrating Mom's ~ Card 4

Good Morning :)

Just a quick note about this card..

The making of this card was actually intended for a friend of mine. I plan on putting a really nice verse inside but I haven't written it out yet. I will be using vellum to print out on and attaching it to the inside loosely.

This woman who inspired this card is my personal inspiration with creativity and motherhood. She makes me laugh and comforts me when I'm feeling down, at a loss or just down right fed up with being mom. Honestly, when I feel like I lost my identity as a person/ woman/wife because I have to play the mom, warden, the cook, the cleaners, and everything else she will be the one to to put a smile on my face, calm my nerves and my stress starts to disintegrates and I start feeling like myself again...when we talk on the phone or see each other my spirits lift instantly...I am really hoping she doesn't check my blog today or at least until Mother's Day...lol...I haven't been able to express my gratitude the way I've wanted to and I thought of making her something personal from me would be perfect for Mother's Day as she too is a mother of two grown children. So with that being said I hope you all like the card :) I had to use ribbon on this one :)

Have a nice day all! :)

Card Recipe:

Paper: Colorbok CS and paper pack, 140lb watercolor paper.
Stamps: SU
Ink: Versafine Black, SU Close to Cocoa
Embellishments: Ribbons, Pearls, Spellbinders Dies.

12 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is beautiful, but what touches me the most is your love for the woman you made it for! she (and you as well!) is blessed to have you! what a glorious posting today - thank you! :)

Unknown said...

just wonderul, I enjoy seeign all your cards ;)

Sara said...

Simply gorgeous!!!! I'm sure your friend will be in love with it.

Carmen said...

How blessed you are to have somone very special to give this beautiful card to! I have always loved the sentiment, I just have never gotten around to purchasing the set.

B said...

Awww, glad you have someone so wonderful in your life! :-) May you both be blessed. Lovely card!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow your tribute to your friend is so touching. I'm am happy for you that you have someone like this in your life. Your card is beautiful, fitting for a beautiful friendship. Love the placement of your pearls.

Christine Riley said...

Hi Michelle, wow, what a lovely card! Love the design and the colors. What a lovely tribute to your friend.
Big Hugs, Christine :)

Becky said...

Like? I love this.. it is beautiful, love the pearls.

Anne said...

very nice-love the vellum effect

Lyn S said...

You are so sweet Michelle, your card is lovely and so is your gesture to your friend!

Dru said...

Hi Michelle, this card is do pretty. I love the soft colors and the sentiment, just everything - really pretty!

Kathi said...

What a gorgeous card. I know that your friend will love it as much as she obviously loves you!