Friday, April 24, 2009

Celebrating Mom's ~ Card 2

Hi there :) Well there's been a lot of challenges I've wanted to get too but just haven't had the chance to do them. I'm hoping that I'll have some time to myself when my DD goes to work on Sunday. I usually think better when she's not around to drive me nuts...lol...then again she is 15 and everyone keeps telling me they are monsters at that age...I need to hang in there. What I need a vacation...just me away from reality for awhile :) Sound bad...? but in all fairness I never do anything for myself to rejuvenate, relax, and regroup. I don't think I'm going to be able to do that until she 18 :(

I think Mom's need an Island all their own where we can escape to and reinvent ourselves. I want to be waited on hand and foot for a change and fully pampered...oh but it's just a dream away...lol....

Here is another card celebrating moms...hope you all like it...and look no ribbon....lol...I did use paper lace which I'm now in love with...I just love how it finishes the card.
Have Great Day All :)

Card Recipe:Stamp:

SU All Year Cheer
Paper: Colorbok Paper block (vintage), 140lb watercolor paper
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Paper Lace, Vintage Metal Brads and Photo corners, Darice silk flower pieces, Spellbinder Circle die, MS Leaf Punch

19 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is beautiful! Love that sentiment stamp. I have 2 daughters, ages 5 and 8. I'm going to have my hands full when they are teenagers.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a pretty card! I love the pearls you added!

and I am thankful every day for my teenage boys and not girls! ;) have a good weekend!

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love the dp, and those flowers are gorgeous, and love how you laid out your pearls. And what a lovely dream :).

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the soft colors and the way you did the pearls is gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine :)

Unknown said...

Michelle, this is beautiful!
I can relate to needing a Mommy break. It's going to be a while, but a girl can dream, right?

Peggy M said...

Michelle - your cards are beautiful. I love your style. Welcome to the SCS Blog group. Have a wonderful weekend!

Gina Lindsay said...

Beautiful, i don't even know where to start! The flowers are wonderful, the centers are fantastic and I love the pearls in different sizes.

Kim P said...

Very pretty!! Love the flowers!

Ann said...

Michelle, this is GORGEOUS! I love the flowers cascading down the front, and the pearls are fab!

Dru said...

Very pretty, love the soft colors, the pearl, the flowers, oh just everything!!

Sara said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the softness of it, the flowers are beautiful

B said...

Love the way you did the pearls! Very pretty!

Kryssi said...

i am a sucker for pearls... your card just blew me awayyy! love it!!

Amy J said...

Very pretty card and put me also in the pearl fan club! Great job!

Cheryl said...

LOVE it!!! Great colors and terrific bling.

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh this card is just lovely!!!! The pearls add such an elegant touch!

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just stunning Michelle! I love the flowers and the pearls.....very elegant!

Lesly said...

I truly think this is the prettiest Mother's Day Card I've ever seen. Wow!

Kathi said...

Wow. This is stunningly beautiful. Breathtakingly gorgeous.

*I really like it!*

15 is an interesting age. Hang in there. It does get better, but just when it does, they leave for college!