Thursday, April 23, 2009

Celebrating Mom's ~ Card 1

ETA: The most amazing BLOG CANDY HERE edited 12:32 pm est. seriously need to check this out...it's definitely the mother load of Blog Candy!!!


Hi Everyone! Well I am looking forward to the nice weather heading our way this week. I plan on taking advantage of the nice weather seeing as there are many events happening in the next few days. Birthdays, housewarmings, BBQ's... (my personal favorite) Seriously I can't resist a juicy bbq steak lapped in special sauce and roasted veggies savored in olive oil and Italian seasoning with lemon zest! Gosh I haven't had breakfast yet...... Now I'm starving!

Okay let's change the topic just for a moment anyway :) I'm going to be posting mother's day cards for the next week. All of which will be in a range of general to more personal. Cards where you can give to a friend who is a mom to cards that you give to your own mom. I hope you all enjoy them as they come...this one had no ribbon :( I'm not fond of it and it could be because it's ribbon deprived...lol... I am loving my New spellbinders though ladies...and I'm telling you if you don't have them get them! I'm a little more behind then some of the others who get something once it's available but, I like to see what you can use them for before I get them myself. This one is the Deckled Edge and I love it for that vintage look or a more natural look...The paper is all from Colorbok, on old pack I had been holding on too for far too long.

I have to make a small shout out to my DH. He wanted me to know that he does read my blog and even repeated some of it to me :) I love that he supports me...he makes me laugh when he tells me that he "does" read my blog with that puppy dog look he gives me. I don't actually believe him all the time because he doesn't leave comments...so it's hard to know who is reading and who is just browsing....KWIM..? Anyways my DH...I love you for being my #1 Fan :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Paper: 140 Watercolor, SU Chocolate Chip, Colorbok pattern pack
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red
Embellishments: Buttons, Spellbinders, Paper piercing, Stickles, Pop dots.

10 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is a very creative card! I really like how you spelled mother down the side. It is a great layout! Great job (:

Unknown said...

an amazing card.

Sara said...

This is gorgeous, I love the buttons

Anne said...

I love this ribbon or no it's sweet!

Ann said...

I love the way you spelled mother down the side, and the buttons are too cute!

Carmen said...

My DH reads my blog at work and shows it off. He also loves my playlist. I love him and I guess he is my biggest fan. Great card.

Lyn S said...

Lovely card! Love the buttons and the word Mother down the side!

Christine Riley said...

wow, this is beautiful! Lov ethe colors and the buttons! I'm so glad you'r eback, your work is amazing! :)
Hugs, Christine

Unknown said...

I love it. I thought I had convinced myself that I didn't need the deckled edge nesties but I think you've changed my mind.

B said...

Love the buttons and the way you did the word mother on the side. Cute cute cute!