Monday, April 27, 2009

Celebrating Mom's ~ Card 3

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I definitely enjoyed the weather :) Including the mini hurricane we had...well it was so quick it came and went before you could blink. It was fun trying to get everyone in the house within a 3 minute span...it became so dark and the all of sudden a gust of wind blew everything into the air...well not everything I did have a hold of my Jumbo Hot Dog...lol...I waited 3 hours for my "dog" I wasn't giving it up without a fight...lol..

Here is another general like Mother's Day Card. Even thought it has a comforting tone with the sentiment I thought it was still perfect. The background layer was distressed with Tim Holtz Distressing Inks and I have to admit I really like the look of it. I also didn't add ribbon to this one. I like not using ribbon when there is just enough not to include any. I like simple but still preferred a full flavoured card.. :) Hope you all like it.

Card Recipe:

Paper: Colorbok, GP, 140lb watercolor
Stamps: Very Versatile, Botanical Blooms
Inks: Tim Holtz Distressing Inks, SU Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Metal Brads, Spellbinders Dies, Stickles, MS Punch

14 comments:

Anne said...

very pretty-I love how soft and warm this looks.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is beautiful! I think you did a wonderful job on it! and hard to believe - no ribbon! ;)

Unknown said...

just wonderful, your cards are amazing.

Sara said...

Very beautiful, I love the softness of it.

Becky said...

This is very beautiful, I usually do not add ribbon because I can not tie a stink-en bow :)

Cheryl said...

Wonderful Mothers Day card! I'm trying to work on one now.

specialcraftmom4 said...

I love this soft card. It has such a feminine touch to it. The metal brads really add to the look. Great job!

B said...

So soft and wow, no ribbon!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job on this card.. please share with us how you use the distressing inks. I love it!

Miss Molly said...

I really love the whispy feel of your card! The light color combo makes it so summery....oohhh I love summer!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I think this is a gorgeous card! Very soft and pretty and doesn't need ribbon. I really like that border punch you used too. I'll have to add that one to my extremely long list of things I want.

Lyn S said...

Beautiful! I love the soft look the distress inks gave your card!

Carmen said...

No RiBBON!!!! ACK! LOL It looks fab! Even w/o the ribbon :)