Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Christmas Post!

A quick post before I'm off for the morning. I've got a pretty busy day ahead of me and might not be able to post anything else until maybe Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see how busy I am. Well isn't this colorful yet festive. Another card I'm proud of. It turned out a lot better than I imagined in my head. I mean these colors do look great together
you have to admit :) Again I tried to stay away from a lot of embellishing extras. Personally I think the paper piercing did the trick for that added pop that it needed.
The image was stamped with permanent ink and water colored with SU WCC and an Aqua Pen.
I added a little white with a white gel pen. I tried to age the paper a little but not too much because I thought it might take away from the color of the papers I used.
So here is what was used to make this card.
TIA for looking :)
Card Recipe:
Stamps: "Stampin' Up" Winter Post
Paper: SU Not Quite Navy, Bazzill (green), and generic speckled paper in 2 shades, generic brown.
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Pumpkin.
Embellishments: Paper Piercing, Corner Adorner punch, brads, WCC, Gel Pen (white), Dimensional strips.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo this came out so pretty!!!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!!! I love how you aged the paper and your coloring on that beautiful image looks fabulous!!!

fishlips said...

Wow what a neat image, love the card with such stunning colors, great corner punch too...

Deb said...

This is so amazing! I LOVE it! The colors and coloring are fabulous, and the whole design is just beautiful!

(p.s. I posted a link to more pictures of our musical on my blog at your request!)

Virginia Killmore said...

Wow so very nice I love this set and have been using it.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

What a great card. Love the corner punch.

Marnie said...

Gorgeous card I love what you've done with this set! I may have to get it!

Dianne said...

Beautiful work...your paper piercing added just the right extra texture!

Timetostamp said...

Love this card! It's fabulous - the paper piercing is great! I think I'm going to have to do it some more on my cards! Great card!
Heather

Ann said...

Beautiful! I love the aging, the white gel pen accents, and the corner punch you used! :D

Kathi said...

Very pretty. The corner punches and the piercing are the perfect touches.

Lauren said...

That is just fabulous! TFS
xxx

Christine Riley said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the victorian feel to it, so lovely. TFS!
Hugs, Christine :)

Lyn S said...

Wonderful card! You did a great job with it!