Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another Experiment :) Bow maker...

"If you have never tried the bow easy…then you truly are missing out!  It’s simple, it is a great tool to have, and your gunna love how the bow becomes fluffy and perfect every time”.

Well I heard all of this and was never really interested…I do all my own bows without any problem and at any size I want…then I got curious…lol

 I had an old piece of chipboard from the back of a legal note pad. I cut it in three and just measured what typical sizes I normally use for my cards…
I made one (green with brown circles) with 2 slots that makes 5/8th of an inch and 7/8ths of an inch bow size.
Another one (orange with white flowers) with 1 slot that makes 1 ¼ inch bow.
The last one (grey with brown flowers) with one slot makes 1 ½ inch bow.

I cut out the chipboard with a craft knife and then covered it with patterned tape I got from the $1 bin at  Michael’s. the tape I found works well when it’s stretched to keep it bound nice and tight. The ribbon also slides off quite nicely also :) 
Another experiment...went well :)
Have a great day!

Michelle 

7 comments:

Lyn S said...

Clever!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a neat idea. The bows are pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Joan Ervin said...

I use a bow easy but I need to make one of these for bigger bows...you are a genius!!!!

Cindy said...

I just got the Bow Easy, but haven't tried it yet! Guess that's what I will have to try tomorrow!!

liszha said...

Adorable!
Btw....you've got mail!

F.T said...

Looking beautiful, but the concept and title is not clear.

discount card printing
Membership card printing

Scrapping Julie said...

clever little contraption! beautiful bows