Friday, August 20, 2010

It's A 25th Anniversary!

So we all know that we have certain milstones in life with ourselves and families. But in this day in age when a marriage can survive the 25 yr mark it's definitely a milstone. Don't get me wrong I believe that marriage is no fairytale but wouldn't you agree that marriage can be just as much work as it is raising a family...? It's shouldn't be, but the truth is that is takes two to make it...and make it strong. Remembering that friendship is just as important to the marriage as any other aspect of the relationship.

I made this card for a couple who recently had their 25th. An extraordinary couple at that. I went for the ageless look and I think I pulled it off. What do you think...?
 

I used MME PP for the background which made the rest of the card stand out beautifully. I antiqued the card and used a little shimmer on the ribbon. It's very subtle so you won't be able to see it in the picture. Needless to say I'm happy with the card, inside and out :)

Thanks for looking!




Card Recipe:
Ink: ColorBox Chalk Ink, VersaFine sepia
Paper: Waterolor Base, MME, Bazzill, WW
Embellishments: Spellbinders, Sizzix Die, Lace ribbon, fabric floral acents, Hatpin and beads

3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan Ervin said...

It's wonderful to see you back, Michelle...your card is sooo beautiful with that gorgeous flower and all the awesome details you added!!!! Your friends are going to love this!!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!